Telephone: 53 2199130
President: Rodolfo Mizrahi
At the beginning of the XX Century, on April 25th,
1929, Jews hailing from Europe decided to create a Jewish Community
in Guantánamo, The Israeli Community of Guantánamo
which had a very active life until 1954, with a Synagogue where
they practice our religion and customs. Due to economic reasons
and a negative trading situation, many of these Jews had to go abroad.
The least prosperous ones remained, thus the Community activity
and the Synagogue disappeared.
In 1994, some of the descendants of The Israeli
Community were committed and motivated to strengthen their presence
in this city. Thanks to the relations they have always kept with
the Patronage of the Jewish Community and The Adath Israel Synagogue,
we contacted Dr. José Miller and Mr. Jorge Diener, who was
Representative of the “JDC” at that moment; we could
reorganize The Community known as Iad El.
We are deeply indebted to those who have collaborated
and still do it as they has helped us rebuild our Community.